CI2021: Cochlear Implants in Children and Adults
The theme of the CI2021 Conference is Cochlear Implantation: It Takes a Village.
The CI2021 conference will foster dissemination of multi-disciplinary scientific information applicable to audiologists, physicians, speech pathologists, scientists, engineers, educators, students, advocates and others involved in cochlear implantation. The conference will provide attendees with opportunities to explore current and emerging topics for CI patients across the lifespan.
Anticipated topics for the CI2021 meeting include the use of telehealth for CI patients, the impact of a team approach, management of special needs populations, cognition and effect on CI outcomes, advances in CI technology and surgical techniques, roles of therapy and family engagement, the role of vestibular assessment in the CI process and more!
Invited Speakers and Panels:
John Niparko Memorial Lecture: Degeneration and Regeneration of the Inner Ear
- Keynote Speaker: Konstantina Stankovic, MD, PhD. Dr. Stankovic is Chief, Division of Otology and Neurotology and Director of the Molecular Neurotology and Biotechnology Lab at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard University. Dr. Stankovic had planned to speak at CI2020 and we are delighted she will join us at CI2021.
Improving CI Access with a Spanish Test Battery
- Keynote Speaker: Alejandro Rivas, MD
Telehealth: What we’ve experienced in Audiology, Surgery, Therapy & Education
Climbing the Ladder to Success: Audiology Professional Development
- Moderator Meredith Holcomb, AuD
Cochlear Implant Futures: How the past shapes the future and what to do about it
- Moderator: Howard Francis, MD, MBA
Controversies in Cochlear Implantation (Point/Counterpoint)
(Re)Habilitation Connect Forum: From Data to Delivery - Implementing Research-Based Intervention
- Amy Birath, AuD, LSLS Cert AVEd
- Hannah Eskridge, MSP, LSLSL Cert. AVT
- Amy McConkey Robbins, MS, LSLS Cert. AVT
- Lisa Davidson, PhD
- Tamara Elder, MS, LSLS Cert. AVT
- Abaries Farhad, MS
- Heather Grantham, PhD
- Erin Roberts, MSW, LCSW, IMH-E (III)
- Jennifer Still MHS, LOSLS Cert. AVT
- Darcy Stowe, MS, LSLS Cert AVT
- Terry Zwolan, PhD
Social Justice and Hearing Health Care: Addressing Equity in Cochlear Implantation
- Matthew Bush MD, PhD
- Jacob Hunter, MD; UT Southwestern, hearing health disparities research
- Nicole Marrone, PhD; Healthcare disparities in AZ Hispanic population
- Carrie Nieman, MD, MPH; Johns Hopkins, hearing health in older Americans
- Sheree Sims; CI Coordinator/Outreach to African American Community, University of Cincinnati