Abstract submission for CI2021 is NOW OPEN!
Submission Deadline: *Extended to Tuesday, November 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET.* No additional extensions will be offered.
Call for Abstracts:
The ACI Alliance Scientific Program Committee, comprised of CI clinicians, researchers, and educators, will lead development of the program. The Program Committee encourages submission of your scientific contributions for presentation at the meeting. The Program Committee encourages abstracts addressing how cochlear implantation can continue to be provided during the COVID pandemic timeframe without sacrificing care. We are especially interested in scientific papers on telehealth.
Abstract Review and Notification: The Program Committee has the responsibility to review and rank all abstracts that are submitted. Abstracts will be considered for both Podium and Poster Presentations. Email notifications will be sent to the corresponding author.
- Official Language: The official language of CI2021 is English. Abstracts must be submitted in English to be considered for presentation.
- Presentation Format & Preference: Indicate the preferred type of presentation (oral, poster). ACI Alliance will provide additional details regarding presentation format and requirements following acceptance of your abstract.
- Prior Submission: Please note there will be NO PENALTIES for resubmitting your 2020 abstract or a modified version for consideration in 2021.
- Abstract Format Guidelines:
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to indicate clearly the nature of the study.
- The title text should be no longer than 300 characters.
- Abbreviations must not be used in the title.
- The body of the abstract should follow the following structure: Introduction, Methods, Results, Conclusion.
- Abstract text (without title) should be no longer than 3,000 characters.
- Please use generic names in the body of the abstract. No commercial, hospital, or institution names may be used.
- Please check spelling and grammar carefully. All abstracts will be published as submitted.
- Disclosures: Disclosure documentation will be collected during the submission process. You MUST complete this in order to submit your abstract.
- CI Company Personnel:
- In general, we are not able to accept Podium proposals by CI company personnel that address issues relating to a specific cochlear implant device. Posters on CI specific topics may be submitted and will be evaluated based upon the review committee’s merit evaluation. This is a continuation of the decision-making process regarding abstract acceptances at CI conferences that has long been in effect.
- Abstracts for podium presentations by CI company personnel on non-device topics are welcome on other topics such as health care, public policy, health insurance, or rehabilitation.
Participation and Registration Requirements:
- Upon acceptance, all presenting authors of both oral and poster presentations must register for the meeting and are responsible for their registration expenses.
- A presenter registration deadline will be outlined in acceptance notifications. Failure to register by the deadline will result in removal from the scientific program.
Student Poster Competition: A Student Poster Competition will be held for those enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or resident program. An academic advisor or another university official must verify student/resident status. Students may enter a poster abstract for the competition as part of the CI2021 Call for Abstracts. Posters entered in the competition will be judged on:
- Content/Poster Organization and Preparation
- Display Appearance
- Originality and Merit
- Oral Discussion/Knowledge and Presentation
Review the ACI Alliance CE Policies.